Do you know how to define your blogging goals?
Goals are a must for anything you do. Blogging is no exception.
There is a lot of competition in the Blogosphere and without goals, you will have no idea what you want to achieve and how.
Without goals, you will be lost in the crowd. In this post, we will see why and how to define blogging goals.
Why Should I define Blogging Goals?
“Why” comes a lot when you tell people about something, it’s here too. You should define goals because they:
1. Keep you Focused: Goals act like directions for you. Once you know where you have to reach, half the problem is solved. Goals keep you focused on the target.
2. Give an Idea of Your Success: If you have no goals in mind, how would you know how far you have come? When you have clear goals in mind, you know how much you have progressed and how far you are from success.
3. Energize You: A fulfilled goal is energizing. You feel new energy within when you complete a goal and start for the next one with double the energy on your way to success.
How to Define Blogging Goals?
Here are some tips that will help you to define your blogging goals:
1. Keep Them Achievable: Set goals that you know are not very difficult for you. Do not go all the way high and set a goal of 10000+ subscribers for your all-new blog.
2. Give Increments: Keep raising standards for your goals. Remember, Success is not a destination, it is a journey. Keep moving.
3. Write Them Clearly: Do not set goals like “Earning some money”, “Getting some Subscribers” etc. Instead, make goals measurable. Set “I have to earn $10 from Network#1, $10 from Network#2”.
4. Do Not ‘want to’: Never ‘want to achieve any goal. There is a big difference between wanting to achieve a goal and having to achieve your goal. Just wanting to will not make any difference, you ‘have to‘ achieve it.
In this post, we have seen blogging goals. Do not define goals and then keep them in some dark corner.
Write them down and keep the note with you or add them to your online calendar as reminders if you are the techie type.
What are your goals as a blogger? Have you defined them?